Katie's Blog

Saturday, January 13, 2007




Day 4 – The locals here are some of the friendliest people I’ve met. I don’t think we could walk down the street without running into someone we knew. We spent a good chunk of the morning playing with some local boys, great to get a taste of the children of Belize before we start teaching. We ate at a local restaurant, which was really a local cooking out of his kitchen and we ate in his yard. Great lobster nonetheless. We explored the island on old school cruiser bikes and I don’t think we could have felt more like little kids if we tried. We capped off the night going to the tallest place in town, where the seats are swings. The captain and a few locals joined us and taught us a great deal about Caye Caulker and gave us a taste of Creole, a language which will be spoken by the majority of our children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home