Happy Birthday To Me
We kicked off my birthday weekend (which just happened to fall on a long weekend) by hitting up a local basketball game on Friday night. It was the league finals and was quite an exciting game with a controversial call with a second to go resulting in overtime. At the beginning of the game we had wondered about the police presence, but we could definitely understand why by the end of the game as the crowd was quite rowdy. On Saturday morning we treated ourselves by flying to our favourite get away spot - Placencia (a 15 minute flight over the bus is definitely the way to go!). The beach was flooded with children flying their kites, with one kid having to scale a palm tree to retrieve his kite. T-Bum and Melissio spoiled me on my birthday and got me a massage (and I thought I couldn’t get anymore relaxed in Belize). The local volleyball crew has it figured out that we come every two weeks and were waiting for us to get a game going. I was feeling like a princess after my massage, so I took the liberty of pulling up a beach chair, had a few birthday beverages and assumed the role of official game referee (although I don’t think I ever actually knew the score). We discovered the world’s greatest burger (sorry you Alberta beef lovers) and danced the night away to a live band playing outside next to the beach. We couldn’t resist flying home again on Monday, and felt like millionaires as we had the whole plane to ourselves. Melissio sat in the co-pilot’s chair and it didn’t take long before the captain was letting her steer the plane (yet another appropriate time for the ‘only in Belize’). I don’t think birthday weekends get much better.
We kicked off my birthday weekend (which just happened to fall on a long weekend) by hitting up a local basketball game on Friday night. It was the league finals and was quite an exciting game with a controversial call with a second to go resulting in overtime. At the beginning of the game we had wondered about the police presence, but we could definitely understand why by the end of the game as the crowd was quite rowdy. On Saturday morning we treated ourselves by flying to our favourite get away spot - Placencia (a 15 minute flight over the bus is definitely the way to go!). The beach was flooded with children flying their kites, with one kid having to scale a palm tree to retrieve his kite. T-Bum and Melissio spoiled me on my birthday and got me a massage (and I thought I couldn’t get anymore relaxed in Belize). The local volleyball crew has it figured out that we come every two weeks and were waiting for us to get a game going. I was feeling like a princess after my massage, so I took the liberty of pulling up a beach chair, had a few birthday beverages and assumed the role of official game referee (although I don’t think I ever actually knew the score). We discovered the world’s greatest burger (sorry you Alberta beef lovers) and danced the night away to a live band playing outside next to the beach. We couldn’t resist flying home again on Monday, and felt like millionaires as we had the whole plane to ourselves. Melissio sat in the co-pilot’s chair and it didn’t take long before the captain was letting her steer the plane (yet another appropriate time for the ‘only in Belize’). I don’t think birthday weekends get much better.

1 Comments:
Happy Belated Birthday Katie! I just had my own birthday celebrations on the weekend as well, and it was great.
I'm glad to hear things are still going so good for you guys. I'm jealous everytime I read your blog.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home