
Monday brought a new student to my classroom, which puts the count to 39! (25 of which are boys). This student doesn’t speak any English and the principal had originally thought that he had never been to school before, but I was pleasantly surprised when he could write down what was written on the chalkboard (although I am sure he has no clue what he is writing). The weather has gone from hot to hotter and we are told the dry season is setting in. It definitely gets toasty while teaching and the headband has jumped drastically on my list of favourite inventions. I had a great Phys-Ed lesson on Wednesday afternoon and taught my students a new game. They seemed to love it and I was surprised with how long they played for considering the temperature. A friend that we met and traveled with our first week in Belize has made his way to PG after traveling around Guatemala. It’s nice to see a familiar face and hard to believe that our first week here already seems so long ago. He has excited about traveling Guatemala for our Easter break. Friday afternoon was the school’s running race, and it was yet another cooker (surprise surprise). And as if the sun wasn’t hot enough to run in, many of the students were barefoot on the scorching pavement. We played the roll of finish line judges and handed out the ribbons. The first photo above is 2 of by boy's looking pretty 'cool' after school was let out. We have noticed the heat taking a toll on our bodies, and find ourselves going to bed earlier and earlier. I remember when we first arrived we thought those crazy Belizeans sure do go to bed early and are up so early. It seems as though they were onto something and we have joined them.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home