Katie's Blog

Saturday, April 28, 2007


I parted ways with my ladies, as I was off to meet my family in Mexico for my brother’s wedding. Before leaving Guatemala I was able to make a quick pit-stop to see Tikal, which is known as the grand-daddy of all Mayan Ruins. The site of the ruins was huge, and I felt like I was rushing running through the jungle to take it all in. I definitely got a workout climbing up and down the numerous ruins. Although I enjoyed the ruins, it was the wildlife that I really loved. I had countless encounters with spider monkeys, toucans, parrots, and peacocks. As I was leaving the site on one of the pathways, I was greeted by a group of about 20 coatimundies (looked like monkeys to me) that played for quite a few minutes before disappearing up into the trees.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home