Katie's Blog

Saturday, January 13, 2007











Day 5 – We were up bright and early to catch the boat taxi to Belize City. It was sad to leave, but 3 of the guys from the hostel were headed in the same direction, which couldn’t have worked out better. We were quite the sight walking through the streets of Belize City with our rolling luggage bags full of teaching resources. Not something I would want to do alone and we were thankful for the boys to be with us. We caught a bus and were headed as far inland as possible to San Ignasio. The couple hour bus ride flew by as I was quite entertained by the sights. We spent the day exploring two Mayan Ruins (Cahal Pech & Xunantunich), climbing to what seemed like the top of the world and often enjoying them all to ourselves. A local guide taught us more than I could have imagined about the Mayans. I must admit that I didn’t think I would be very interested in this, but I couldn’t get enough. To get to Xunantunich, we had to cross a river using a hand-cranked 'bridge' to cross. We had the hostel to ourselves, which was on the outskirts of town, making us the only non-locals in the area. One of the guys cooked us up a great chicken curry dinner, which costs us a whopping $1.50 each. Yet another great day in Belize.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home