
Our supervisor from the U of L visited us this week and we got the chance to share our experiences with her. We celebrated her birthday here, which meant yet another birthday cake (food seems to be a common occurrence with us here) and took in a live band at a really neat local ‘pub’. Teaching continues to go well and I am getting better at planning lessons that I think my students will enjoy. Phys-ed is still a ‘gong-show’, but I don’t see that changing anytime soon as all the students seem to go nuts for it. They seem to have fun playing the games, so I guess that’s what counts. Lesson planning can be challenging at times due to the fact that each grade plans together so there isn’t much lea way. There have been days where there should have been a test all morning and I’ve have to make up lessons on the spot and days where I’ve planned lesson and turned out having to keep my students quiet for a test all morning. The large amount of resources, supplies and photocopies that we are used to in Canadian schools is not something that we have luxury of here so we have had to be creative in coming up with fun lessons. On Friday evening we went out for an after school refreshment with one of the teachers from our school. The place we went is located on the upstairs of a building which overlooks the ocean, and our bikes were locked to a pole below. When it was time to head home we discovered that my seat had been stolen and Melissa’s bike was missing the handle bars!

1 Comments:
People should read this.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home