

It’s hard to believe that we have already been here so long. Teaching keeps getting better each week and I am really enjoying my students. I’ve been trying to think back to activities and games that I loved in elementary school and been sharing them with my students. My students go nuts for Phys-Ed and it is definitely the ultimate alternative teaching environment. Aside from school, It’s been great having my folks here! We have made good use of the pool, even swimming to cool off during our lunch break. We celebrated by dad’s birthday on the 31st and went out for a great dinner. We even surprised my dad with a birthday cake that one of the principals at school had baked. My students were quite excited when my parents visited my classroom and they sang my dad happy birthday and even counted out his age. Friday afternoon was the annual school bike races (and dress down day which meant no skirts!). It was quite chaotic with 900 students flooding the streets on the hottest day we have had so far. T-Bum, Melissio, and I were the judges at the finish line, and although we weren’t racing I think that we were still the sweatiest as it was HOT! We couldn’t wait to cool off in the pool.

1 Comments:
Katie,
I am loving your blog...it sounds like you guys are really having a great time over there, although I must say, I am super jealous of the weather that you have...here it is hit and miss and has been raining more than usual (would you believe that they are having the worst summer in 60 years!!)..still beats -30 in Canada though!!I can't believe the "exotic" foods that you have been eating, and it is super cool that your parents are there...mine come here the beginning of March!! Tell the ladies I say hi, and that I am thinmking of you all lots!!! xoxo
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home