Katie's Blog

Monday, February 19, 2007




Happy Valentine’s Day!
Today was ‘rags’ day, in that student didn’t have to wear their uniforms and could wear red to celebrate Valentine’s. Valentine’s Day (which was really Valentine’s week) was definitely a bigger celebration an we are used to. The kids were pretty excited today as it was only a half day of classes. I don’t think that I got through half of my lesson plans this morning. There was a Valentine’s Day dance in the afternoon, which the kids went nuts for. The students here spend the vast majority of their days doing seatwork, so they tend to go nuts whenever they are given the freedom to move (even going to the library is usually chaotic). The dance was definitely a big difference from your typical North American school dance, as the students here love to dance! There isn’t a day that goes by where I don’t have a student in my class standing up and dancing (and it is most often the boys). The last school dance I supervised I was leading the chicken dance, but there was no chicken dance to be found – it was all Punta! It was a little shocking to see the students (including the 7 year olds) dancing quite provocatively!

1 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

Hi Katie,

Looks like you and your students had a fun scrubs day.

Brad

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home