



Snake Caye on the Wild Thing!
We spent Sunday taking in all that is Snake Caye. It is definitely called Snake Caye for a reason as we came across not one, but 2 boa constrictors. I’d like to say that I took the above photo of the snake with the zoom on, but that was actually how close I was! Oh the things people (silly tourists) will do all in the name of a good photo. One of the guys I was taking the photo with got bit not once, but twice. Thankfully they aren’t poisonous. The caye is basically a deserted island located in a marine reserve off of the coast of Belize. The white sand beach and palm trees provided some great photo ops. I was also able to amuse myself for quite sometime with hermit crabs walking the beach. Our guide was fantastic and took us to a nearby spot for snorkeling. I have been tubing many times, but today was defiantly a first tubing in the Golf of Honduras. The waves we definitely bigger than good old Lake of the Woods! We had hoped to see a manatee that day, but no such luck. The other part of our group that was with us is actually here shooting a movie just outside PG in the jungle. It was quite interesting talking to them about their experience and they have invited to come to the set to watch and lend a helping hand. We are quite excited to take them up on their offer (especially Trisha and Melissa as they are both drama majors).
We spent Sunday taking in all that is Snake Caye. It is definitely called Snake Caye for a reason as we came across not one, but 2 boa constrictors. I’d like to say that I took the above photo of the snake with the zoom on, but that was actually how close I was! Oh the things people (silly tourists) will do all in the name of a good photo. One of the guys I was taking the photo with got bit not once, but twice. Thankfully they aren’t poisonous. The caye is basically a deserted island located in a marine reserve off of the coast of Belize. The white sand beach and palm trees provided some great photo ops. I was also able to amuse myself for quite sometime with hermit crabs walking the beach. Our guide was fantastic and took us to a nearby spot for snorkeling. I have been tubing many times, but today was defiantly a first tubing in the Golf of Honduras. The waves we definitely bigger than good old Lake of the Woods! We had hoped to see a manatee that day, but no such luck. The other part of our group that was with us is actually here shooting a movie just outside PG in the jungle. It was quite interesting talking to them about their experience and they have invited to come to the set to watch and lend a helping hand. We are quite excited to take them up on their offer (especially Trisha and Melissa as they are both drama majors).

1 Comments:
Hi Katie,
Interesting story about seeing the snakes. Were you afraid?
Brad
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home